Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Friday's Awesome Toasted Ham and Cheese Sandwich


by Hunter P.

     One Friday, my mom made me a toasted ham and cheese sandwich. I loved it! It was better than a frozen pizza for breakfast. So, I have decided that I absolutely must share this wonderful recipe with you. I`m going to show you how to make the best toast ham and cheese.
     First, you need two pieces of ham. The ham should be fresh from the store. Regular lunch meat ham from the deli should work.
     Next, you need two pieces of cheese. My mom uses white cheese or regular sandwich cheese. I like Kraft Sandwich cheese the best. It should be fresh, cold cheese from the refrigerated section.
     Then,you need two pieces of bread. My dad buys whole wheat bread which works well for this recipe. It is really good when it is soft, squishy and fresh.
     After that, you put the ingrediants together in this way: bread, ham, cheese, ham, cheese, and finally the last piece of bread. Be sure to put them on a plate when you put them together.
     Next, you open the toaster oven and put the sandwhich in the toaster for three minutes. This will make the toast crunchy and toasty brown. The cheese will be squishy, gooey, and soaked into the bread.
     For the best part, when it is done take, it out of the oven (using a potholder or towel) and put it on a plate. You can add some chips or whatever sidedish you would like with it. Finally, eat it!


Ingredients:

Two pieces of bread
Two pieces of cheese
Two pieces of ham
Toaster, Oven or Toaster Oven
Towel or Potholder
Plate

0 Comments: